Tuesday, April 3, 2007

getting in shape

I've some how managed to stay fairly active this last month. The weather has been great so I've been walking to lunch a few times. I've played tennis at least a couple of times a week. Went jogging a few times, and generally just been more active. The reason for this increased activity is two fold:
1. to get in better shape/health. and more importantly
2. so I can eat more.

I've always felt that it is better to not put on weight at all than to try to lose it once gained. Therefore, I've been eating less since I'm not very active. Because of that, my appetite/stomach has shrunk some. Last month, when I went out to dinner at Michael Mina's, I was stuffed, so stuffed that I still felt full by next morning. Not a good feeling. I like food too much to not be able to enjoy a full meal. That's when I decided that I need to start eating more to stretch my appetite/stomach back, and to offset it by being more active in general. Let's see how long I can keep this up, and not get out of shape. Because I'm pretty sure I can keep up the eating, it's the exercising that's worrying me. :)