Friday, November 9, 2007

health update

Got my blood test back yesterday. My cholesterol level was 180, this is much better than it was 3 years ago when it was 218. At the time, I told my wife I'll watch my diet and try to be more active to see how it goes. Can't believe it actually works.

As a person who use to compete in sports, I needed some targets to shoot for in my exercise. I decide that my goal is for every distance that I care to be able to run, my time to shoot for would be twice the world record time. That is, if the world record for the 100m dash is 9.5 seconds, then i should try to do it in 19 seconds. For the real short sprints, this is not too big of a deal, but for distance it can be tough. That means that i got to get myself in good enough shape to run a 7:30 minutes mile. Not impossible, but a lot of work nonetheless. Let's see how this plays out.