Monday, March 5, 2007

The new reality of life in the 40s

As I and my friends all slowly drift into 40s something status, I realize we going to be dealing with a lot of issues we haven't have to deal with of late.
-Our own health and fitness
-Our parent's health, fitness & mortality
-Our kid's coming of age

Yesterday, after getting together to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday, a few of the friends invited themselves over to my house to play tennis. This is the first time that we have gotten together to "exercise". Most of the time, we get together to eat, or go out to eat. I think as we are all getting older, we're realizing how difficult it is to get rid of the pounds we put on. We have talked about the need to be more active, and some of us have been very good about working out on their own. But this was the first time that it was more than just talk. May be this will be a beginning of our "group" fitness dedication. Let's see how long this will last.

No comments: